Your First Computer

Lubelord

Dramacrat
I remember getting my first computer around the time I was ten; It was one of these huge fucking beasts.

Now both of the front panels are busted and it's so full of malware that if it were a human, I'd shoot it in the face.

Dinosaur Sensei

Dramacrat
Website
www.binaries4all.com
My first computer was a packard bell legend that I got for christmas in 1993. It had a 5.25 floppy drive as well as a 3.5 floppy drive. It came with MS-DOS and we eventually installed windows 3.1 shortly before windows 95 came out.

I got treasure mountain to play that first christmas.

Got really addicted to Wolfenstein when we bought that about a month or so later.

my dad bought the terminator 2 arcade edition, but our comp didn't have enough memory to run it :(

Last edited:

Schnookums

weasel

The playground was a scary place! It was much safer to stay inside and play Number Munchers or Oregon Trail on the Apple IIe in class. My first computer was a Performa 460, often mistaken for a pizza box.

brutaldemoncock

Dramacrat
My first computer was a windows 98 desktop where I would play shitty ass kids games like putt putt saves the zoo and some Clifford game. I would draw wallpapers in ms paint to video games and write stories. I had it up until 2010 when my parents raped the shit out of it by throwing it across the yard because it was a piece of shit despite there being nothing wrong with it.

Likeicare

EDF is my hugbox
Website
lolthisismyhome.com
My first computer was a windows 98 desktop where I would play shitty ass kids games like putt putt saves the zoo and some Clifford game. I would draw wallpapers in ms paint to video games and write stories. I had it up until 2010 when my parents raped the shit out of it by throwing it across the yard because it was a piece of shit despite there being nothing wrong with it.
DONT

EVER

DISRESPECT

PUTT PUTT

AGAIN

3tails

Dramacrat
My dad worked at the local college where he got to take home the dead and abandoned PC parts nobody wanted. My first computer was a Frankenstein's monster cobbled together from re-soldered boards and dead computers. I had to beg for three years and show the ability to work on Dad's computer before he would let me have my own. Both systems ran DOS.

I learned the basics of really tiny art thanks to the pixel by pixel art programs that were pretty revolutionary at the time because they actually used a MOUSE! I burned hours on a text-based Dracula game. It took almost 20 minutes to load each time but it was worth it. Anyone else remember the multi-floppy games?

Those were wild times.