Your First Computer

Krookodilian

Gearhead
Website
www.tunnelsnakes.com
Can't remember too much about my very first computer except that it was huge, beige, had a floppy drive, ran on Windows 95, and everything else was Logitech. My parents let me have my own computer and I played all kinds of pixelated games on it when I was real young. I wasn't allowed to use the internet on it though so I used to try and connect it via dial-up.

The computer I really remember was the one I got for my 6th birthday. It was a Dell Dimension Something with XP and 32 GB of memory. It made a horrible roar when it started up, which took about 5 minutes. It lasted me for 10 years (Stalker: SoC was the last thing I installed on it), even though I was frequently uninstalling things to make more room. I wrote all my papers on a shitty rip-off of Microsoft Word and played RCT3 with all the graphics settings on low.

Nox Noctis

Echi 'till I die. All these lolis call me Senpai.
The first computer I was on was one of those IMac G3s. The very first computer I owned was an Acer M(something). It was a 2005 model and lasted me ten years. Two weeks ago, the power supply finally broke and the computer nearly caught on fire. lol

Website
fleacollerindustry.deviantart.com
You be amazed how much profit you can make off of old Pentium II dells. If I'm lucky I can catch a school or one of the plants here dumping them and I can salvage them, clean them up and install new OS/software and flip them for 50 bucks a pop with no cost to me.
Not surprisingly, you kinda described half of our business plan. We have software which was written in VB6, which after 15-20 years is nothing but spaghetti code, but we just don't have the kind of energy or money or rewrite the code form scratch... so all we do now is try to find old XP laptops, clean them up and out, and resell them to customers along with our software. It works well enough that our customers don't seem to mind, and there certainly isn't a drought of XP laptops for us to flip.

Likeicare

EDF is my hugbox
Website
lolthisismyhome.com
Not surprisingly, you kinda described half of our business plan. We have software which was written in VB6, which after 15-20 years is nothing but spaghetti code, but we just don't have the kind of energy or money or rewrite the code form scratch... so all we do now is try to find old XP laptops, clean them up and out, and resell them to customers along with our software. It works well enough that our customers don't seem to mind, and there certainly isn't a drought of XP laptops for us to flip.
So you work for ASUS?

Gayligula

Emperor of your ass
I dont even know. The first computer I used was HP trash with XP

Maria M

EDF Elite
Windows 95 and it cost us $4000 - 'built' by dell

We had a scanner (A fucking boat basically)

Printer

and a whopping 512 mbs of RAM

The screen was around 50lbs by itself with a tower that could wipe out all of africa.

Floppy disks that held like 5 photos each from the 'webcam' that in itself weighed around a lb.

with FUCKING DIAL UP from verizon tat kept interrupting you when family called and wanted to talk for 4 HOURS STRAIGHT so you couldnt get back on.

I miss the 90's...