What the fuck happened to GOG.com?

Maysam

Pilot
I've been having a hankering to play some of the old AD&D forgotten realms games. Go to look them up on gog, 10 bucks. For a 30 year old computer game. What the fuck?! When did this happen? They used to have that shit for 99 cents!

Lol they're selling abandonware
I'd pay at least 10€ for Uprising with a Glide Wrapper if it runs on Win10.

I'm also pretty sure I'd spend way more than 1 hour getting it to run myself. Calculating with a laughable pay of 10€ per hour I'd be better off not wasting my free time getting it to run myself.

tl;dr take my money

Maysam

Pilot

I'm also pretty sure I'd spend way more than 1 hour getting it to run myself. Calculating with a laughable pay of 10€ per hour I'd be better off not wasting my free time getting it to run myself.

tl;dr take my money
Holy shit they have it now. Last time I checked, they didn't. https://www.gog.com/game/uprising_join_or_die

wretchedgretchen

Not funny anymore

tl;dr take my money
What in the fuck is uprising with a glide wrapper?

Anyways most of those games work just fine with dosbox. If your capable of typing mount c c:\games you can run it.

Maysam

Pilot
What in the fuck is uprising with a glide wrapper?

Anyways most of those games work just fine with dosbox. If your capable of typing mount c c:\games you can run it.
"
Uprising offers more strategy than a military sim, and more action strategy than a shoot'em up. Using your hi-tech assault tank, loaded with powerful weapons, you need to establish tidal bases, mine for power, build factories and direct legions of allied units against the enemy - all in an amazing 3D world. The path to the stars was heralded as a new beginning for peace, expansion and discovery. It did not happen. The oppressive Imperium power now controls the whole of known space, and the masses are restless. Now is the time to rise up and smash this regime.
JOIN OR DIE!
"
A Glide Wrapper is a tool for emulating a 3dfx graphics card from... long time ago. Some games from back then looked way better with 3dfx instead of Nvidia or whatever else they had back then.

wretchedgretchen

Not funny anymore
The path to the stars was heralded as a new beginning for peace, expansion and discovery. It did not happen. The oppressive Imperium power now controls the whole of known space, and the masses are restless. Now is the time to rise up and smash this regime.
JOIN OR DIE!
Edgy.

Malachi

EDF Elite
Actually, GOG stuff tends to be quite popular on the P2P sites, even obscure shit gets seeded.
Don't need cracks when it's DRM free which calms a number of people who're shifty about trusting cracked exes from people on the internet.