• Yes

Votes: 10 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 8 53.3%

• Total voters

Failstation

EDF Elite
"good communities" sounds like something a reddit mod would strive for
By "good communities" I mean communities where people were interested more in having fun than appearing "pwofessinal", "sewius" and """mature""".

Communities that were less about selling a product.

Last edited:

ilovejesus69

The n word is an act of violence
[
By "good communities" I mean communities where people were interested more in having fun than appearing "pwofessinal", "sewius" and """mature""".

Communities that were less about selling a product.
This is the way things always have been. How do you imagine the internet used to be?

ilovejesus69

It wasn't like this. Even 'official' communities weren't as uptight as they are now.
You're just getting older, that's all. This is a natural reaction to aging.

I've been on the internet since the early 90s. I can assure you it's always been filled with the delicate and self-important.

ilovejesus69

Then again, I think I read somewhere that Europeans didn't get the internet until 2008.

nazca

Autistic Edgelord
It wasn't like this. Even 'official' communities weren't as uptight as they are now.
I'm too young to have known the post 2000's internet, but there is a decent documentary called BBS : The Documentary.
In it there is a lot of interviews of people who used to run bulletin boards, and to my surprise they were all (with a few exceptions) very uptight control freaks that didn't look that different from the current politically correct users and communities on the internet.
Maybe I'm talking shit, but to me it just says a lot about the internet and its current situation.

ilovejesus69

I'm too young to have known the post 2000's internet, but there is a decent documentary called BBS : The Documentary.
In it there is a lot of interviews of people who used to run bulletin boards, and to my surprise they were all (with a few exceptions) very uptight control freaks that didn't look that different from the current politically correct users and communities on the internet.
That's exactly how it was.

Synecdoche

EDF Elite
Website
twitter.com
The internet won't truly suck until they implement some kind of biometric internet passport and make anonymity possible only for super hackers or super rich ppl

Choni

Anchor Baby Jihadist
Can someone explain to me the point of this forum? I look at the catalog and it's pure faggotry, like you troll no names or just replace the name with a vaguely similar cause, is that the type of shit that makes you laugh? Did you fucking leave the sixth grade?

I know zaiger made this forum as april fool's joke, still I don't get why he kept it? Yeah I GET IT, you're trying to be ironic and I guess take the piss out of reddit culture? But irony/satire only works when you're in the face of the person you're satirizing.
But this board is a fucking echo chamber of shit posting and the fact that there are "regular posters" on this board proves you faggots are past the point of irony. You've become what you were originally satirizing. Do you find it cathartic? I dont get it.

Just look at the catalog, does a single, one fucking thread make any sense.
No.
If you guy's were really contained and sort of like a snow-globe of shit, I wouldn't care. But now I cant even go to my fucking Kiwi Farm without seeing shit like
>autistic (like calling someone else makes you less)
>faggot (old in 1970)
>attention whore (this entire forum, even has a seperate board which doesn't keep it from spilling into every thread)

Thats all this forum has done, fucking permeate attention whoring shitposts to the rest of the internet. I hope seenbeen fucking sees through your incessant faggotry and deletes this board for good. I'm already working on a letter to point out that problem. In the meantime plebbiters, enjoy your shitposting, it wont last.

I know I’ve said before that I was leaving this forum for good but I never stuck to that promise. I was however being serious when I said that and I am pretty FUCKING SERIOUS RIGHT ABOUT NOW. What’s the point of coming back to this forum and spending/wasting so much time on here? There is nothing redeeming about this place anymore. Everything that I used to enjoy about this place is gone. It’s just pointless spam. Fuck this place. It infuriates me whenever someone makes that stupid ‘this is friendly place’ post. Fuck them. That is one of the biggest lies I’ve ever heard.

Some of you said you liked me (but a lot of that was just jokes), A LOT MORE OF YOU SAID YOU DIDN’T AND YOU HATED ME FOR NO APPARENT FUCKING REASON. The rest of you didn’t do anything when shit hit the fan. I don’t think you FUCKING IDIOTS GET IT. You think it’s all fun and games because you get enjoyment out of it??? IT’S NOT JUST ABOUT YOU, YOU SELFISH SACKS OF SHIT. All the shit you say about me everyday fucking hurts me so badly deep down. First you were saying that I’m autistic and then it was that I am a rampant homosexual. I was reading posts from earlier where someone was trying to tell others that I hate them when I don't?? YOU EVEN IMPERSONATED ME TO PERPETUATE THESE LIES ABOUT ME. I DON’T WANT TO STAY HERE ANYMORE BECAUSE OF THIS SHIT YOU’VE DONE TO ME AND ALSO BECAUSE I DON’T WANT TO KEEP GETTING MAD AND GOING INTO RAGING OUTBURSTS EVERY FUCKING TIME I LOG INTO MY FUCKING COMPUTER!!!!

Failstation

EDF Elite
Not sure about that.

I did encounter my fair share of control freaks, but most of them were okay. Sure, they'd ban your acc, but you'd make a new one and were friends again. Now admins freak the fuck up if they see two users with the same IP. Not to mention that if you dare contradict/insult a mod...

ILJ seems to have had a large amount of control freaks to eventually become a uptight control freak himself and serve bans left and right on the EDF2.