The Internet Has Gone To Shit

Has The Internet Gone To Shit

• Yes

Votes: 10 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 8 53.3%

• Total voters

j15m

It might have been KYM. I don't remember; it's all the same shit to me.

Oh, and there was also Weezus' comment.

Not much, fam. Just tryna get our apparently very bored friend Likeicare through another one his sperg-fits. I said I liked the internet better when there was less people on it, and it's the time I deleted shitposts from my profile page all over again.
Never delete.. Alarms go off, it means you regret.
Regret is healthy.

Likeicare

EDF is my hugbox
Website
lolthisismyhome.com
People complaining about how the internet has "gone bad" are likely people who weren't even around when "it was still good".
You get the same thing with music now, people don't bother to search for good music, so they run around screaming that music used to be better.
Yeah he was talking about how ED 'used to be more funny' so im asuming in reality he's new this year

uberfukken

Custom title
Just yesterday, I was just thinking about how the internet used to make me feel just before social media, Wikipedia, and the mass migration of NORPs to cyber space took over... kind of a magickal feeling of alone-ness. Just me, my laptop, the covers over my head in case my parents woke up, and angelfire web sites about Real Life Vampires, galleries of flashing Halloween GIFs, necrophilia chatrooms where people used their real names, and rotten.com.

Not a comment section or a "be the first of your friends to like this" in sight. It was Heaven.

You can still find insane bullshit OTI, but things just aren't the same as the Web 1.0 days. I miss 'em.
Actually Web 1.0 was pretty fucking lame.

You had usenet which was unmoderated and loaded with spam. AOL communities that were highly moderated. Search engines that didn't work. MIDI auto-play, guestbook comment sections and lame fucking Webring banners everywhere.

The good part about it is that there was less cancer because the internet was a luxury item that not many people had. You could easily spot the cancer because they always had a @webtv.net or @aol.com email address.

Reverend Lulzcraft

Dramacrat
Never delete.. Alarms go off, it means you regret.
Regret is healthy.
All the stress it apparently causes our autistic friend isn't healthy, either. Number one killer on the planet, that.

I'll stop doing it; keeping my profile page free of shitposts just isn't worth anybody having a heart attack.

Yeah he was talking about how ED 'used to be more funny' so im asuming in reality he's new this year
I'm assuming you weren't around back in '09, '10-ish, then.

Anti-Islam and pro-Trump stuff was funny maybe the first 50 or 60 times I saw it on the front page, but there's a point where it stops being amusing and a thin line of fuzz begins growing beneath your chin. I remember when the front page had actual internets-related stuff on it half the time. That's all.

MIDI auto-play, guestbook comment sections and lame fucking Webring banners everywhere.
I actually kinda miss these. Also, the blinking neon text and <BODY BGCOLOR=#00FF00> <FONT COLOR="blue"> kinda shit.

The layouts were fucking glorious.

But, really, it just had a more authentic feel to it than the mainstream web does nowadays. I can't even put my finger on it, exactly.

uberfukken

Custom title
I actually kinda miss these. Also, the blinking neon text and <BODY BGCOLOR=#00FF00> <FONT COLOR="blue"> kinda shit.

But, really, it just had a more authentic feel to it than the mainstream web does nowadays. I can't even put my finger on it, exactly.
Nostalgia trip does not a better internet make.

Likeicare

EDF is my hugbox
Website
lolthisismyhome.com
All the stress it apparently causes our autistic friend isn't healthy, either. Number one killer on the planet, that.

I'll stop doing it; keeping my profile page free of shitposts just isn't worth anybody having a heart attack.

I'm assuming you weren't around back in '09, '10-ish, then.

Anti-Islam and pro-Trump stuff was funny maybe the first 50 or 60 times I saw it on the front page, but there's a point where it stops being amusing and a thin line of fuzz begins growing beneath your chin. I remember when the front page had actual internets-related stuff on it half the time. That's all.

No, i have been pretty active 2008 onwards. I really cant think of any reason why ED would have been 'funnier' back then

Likeicare

EDF is my hugbox
Website
lolthisismyhome.com
EDF1 was definitely not fun.

Unless you're into paywalls and bans. In which case SomethingAwful did it better.
Im not even talking about EDF, i made an account but didnt really use it more than once or twice, the community didn't seem that interesting, especially the retards on the chris-chan subforum

When i first got involved with ED in 2008 you literally had a quota of articles you had to write to retain an EDitor position, half of the admins just ate sherrods ass, the other half were all Aussieintn's socks, and he was an enormous faggot

uberfukken

Custom title
There was also a lot of content control. ED changed course once it came under new ownership and became very much against deletion. I think it was a change for the better.

Reverend Lulzcraft

Dramacrat
Sure was, but that didn't make it more fun.
Yeah, it did. I didn't anything other than minor edits, so I can't comment on how the hippo was running things internally, but the drop in quality in articles is very noticeable. Whatever the fat, traitorous bitch was doing, it worked, at least in that regard.

Would st

There was also a lot of content control. ED changed course once it came under new ownership and became very much against deletion. I think it was a change for the better.
That's actually true. The Jews article, one of the best on the site, getting replaced with "Happy Hannukah!" and all that gay shit.

I'm glad Sherrod left and took her troll's remorse with her, but somehow, a lot of changes did not end up for the better.

Reverend Lulzcraft

Dramacrat
Sure was, but that didn't make it more fun.
Yeah, it did. I didn't anything other than minor edits, so I can't comment on how the hippo was running things internally, but the drop in quality in articles is very noticeable. Whatever the fat, traitorous bitch was doing, it worked, at least in that regard.

Would still like to rip her cunt intestines out and use them as a fleshlight, though.

That's actually true. The Jews article, one of the best on the site, getting replaced with "Happy Hannukah!" and all that gay shit.

I'm glad Sherrod left and took her troll's remorse with her, but somehow, a lot of changes did not end up for the better. I'll write some articles when I get the time.

Reverend Lulzcraft

Dramacrat
@Reverend Lulzcraft so what exactly was fun?
Stuff like this, @Likeicare :

https://www.gurochan.ch/g/res/6010.html#26849

Some of my best childhood memories come from these games; I was 12 when Dooms 2 came out. Uploaded 'em to gurochan after they got lost from the internet.

Otherwise, the best part was how openly you could find sick shit OTI back in the day. Nowadays you can't post pictures of lolis getting their guts ripped out without the FBI trying to threaten your site admins, but back then, there were open (if extremely slow) message boards about everything from cannibalism to serial killer worship to necrophilia.

And now you've got moralfags trying to institute some kind of gay internet eugenics program and shut down all the sites considered pro-mental illness....

Also, the early RPG Maker community was dope as fuck.

Likeicare

EDF is my hugbox
Website
lolthisismyhome.com
Stuff like this, @Likeicare :

https://www.gurochan.ch/g/res/6010.html#26849

Some of my best childhood memories come from these games; I was 12 when Dooms 2 came out. Uploaded 'em to gurochan after they got lost from the internet.

Otherwise, the best part was how openly you could find sick shit OTI back in the day. Nowadays you can't post pictures of lolis getting their guts ripped out without the FBI trying to threaten your site admins, but back then, there were open (if extremely slow) message boards about everything from cannibalism to serial killer worship to necrophilia.

And now you've got moralfags trying to institute some kind of gay internet eugenics program and shut down all the sites considered pro-mental illness....

Also, the early RPG Maker community was dope as fuck.
Those sites are very common these days and not hard to find. I dont know what you're talking about, maybe you should learn to use google