Phone privacy

Likeicare

EDF is my hugbox
Website
lolthisismyhome.com
One of the nice features of my phone is that when the screen is locked but i then look at it, a display comes up on the black screen showing the time, date and battery percentage

I was admiring it earlier and then realised its because the camera is literally always on and watching you, something i was already aware of with the current generation of phones, but had never thought of it relating to me personally

Do any of you dislike this technology which can clearly be used to record data on you, and if so, how many kids have you molested?

ilovejesus69

The n word is an act of violence
If you have an android, it's also listening to you, waiting for you to say "OK Google" so it can do a voice search for you.

ilovejesus69

Even if you successfully disable all the spying mechanisms on your phone, they're still listening in on the wire. In my opinion, the only real way to reduce the efficacy of data collection is if people collectively work to pollute the data pool with inaccurate information.

ilovejesus69

I'd like to see someone develop mobile and desktop apps that do nothing but send out random internet traffic. It would have the effect of creating plausible deniability about anything "interesting" that was picked out of your internet traffic.

lotic

Happiness Browser
I think everyone who uses a smartphone has accepted the fact that they are probably being spied on.

If it really bothered people, they would go back to regular cellphones, but that isn't happening because most people value entertainment and convenience over privacy.

Halal Bacon

Dank Meme Curator
I'm not really worried about being spied on since most of my calls and texts are sporadic with messages like "who's that football guy that touched those kids". My phone's basically an overpriced iPod nowadays.

I'd like to see someone develop mobile and desktop apps that do nothing but send out random internet traffic. It would have the effect of creating plausible deniability about anything "interesting" that was picked out of your internet traffic.
I sorta had this idea last fall but I ended up making an Android app that just lists permissions being requested by other apps. This sounds like a project fit for me to graduate so I'll probably look into it :D

DookieWarehouse

Dramacrat
I think everyone who uses a smartphone has accepted the fact that they are probably being spied on.

If it really bothered people, they would go back to regular cellphones, but that isn't happening because most people value entertainment and convenience over privacy.
Joe Average does not give a fuck if the gubment listens to him asking his wife what to get from the grocers.
The entire "Nothing to hide" argument works for majority of people very well.

Choni

Anchor Baby Jihadist
Most people are only to happy to give everything with snapchat and whatsapp and facebook and imgur and tumblr and edf and and and

Linkermann

Plain and Simple
I think it's really invasive even when email providers ask for your phone number for "increased security purposes".

Cricket

DNJACK fangirl
In my opinion, the only real way to reduce the efficacy of data collection is if people collectively work to pollute the data pool with inaccurate information... do nothing but send out random internet traffic.
That's like literally all my data communication anyway.

Linkermann

Plain and Simple
I dont, ive had to use it before when my ex changed my gmail password
What a bitch.

I went to a restaurant the other day and Google was kind enough to let me know I hadn't been there in seven months.
lol fuck them. It's just as repulsive as facebook reminding you how long you've been friends with someone or those generic "good morning/evening" messages.

dropdatwat

i have a chode
my dad's an autistic nigger who thinks apple doesn't shell out to nsa

also he legit blew a gasket when i revealed i was too based to fall for the (((student search service))) on the PSAT without having to hear from someone that it was a scam. it took FIVE FUCKING GOOGLE PAGES for him to think hmm MAYBE i didn't throw away my future by not okaying the college board to send all my deets to random colleges like FUCK THAT NPC KIKE