High-End Smartphones. Overall, are they worth it?

Fatal_Exception_0E

Hyper Light Drifter
No because there is no need to. As you have been told multiple times
It's okay to admit you don't know how to root or hack any devices whatsoever. In any case, you should probably leave the advice up to people who actually have experience with the subject matter.

For instance, if I ever want to know how to become a deadbeat dad; I know who the authority is on EDF2.

Likeicare

EDF is my hugbox
Website
lolthisismyhome.com
It's okay to admit you don't know how to root or hack any devices whatsoever. In any case, you should probably leave the advice up to people who actually have experience with the subject matter.

For instance, if I ever want to know how to become a deadbeat dad; I know who the authority is on EDF2.
You really can't control yourself can you

Likeicare

EDF is my hugbox
Website
lolthisismyhome.com
Paranoid? lol

Try logging out and taking some deep breaths if a single polite reply is getting you this upset

scumhook

Managing account details
Website
www.ungod.ly

The advice for you thus far has been, without exception, to stfu.

Please follow it.

zaiger

Kawaii on the streets. Senpai in the sheets.
Website
twitter.com
Hey all.

I'm planning on buying the Sony Xperia XZ when it releases next month. I'm a little apprehensive as I've never spent more than $250 on a phone before and I expect the Xperia XZ to cost around $700 USD when it releases. (I plan on buying this phone fully-priced & unlocked if it matters) . I want to hear about everyone else's smartphone experiences.. i.e.: cost, worth, regrets (if any), benefits, etc. I also want to hear about other users' current & previous high-end smartphones. How long did you hold on to each phone before you upgraded, how was it's battery power, speeds, features, etc.

I also would like to know if anyone here is familiar with rooting android phones. The only experiences I have with rooting was a 2011 attempt to jailbreak my brand-new (at the time) iPod touch. I nearly hard-bricked it because of my nervous hands fumbling the buttons I had to hold down. Has anyone else here had any negative experiences trying to root their cellphones? I want to root my Xperia straight out of the box, but will the benefits outweigh the risks?

And please, I also don't want to see any "Apple vs Samsung" stupidity. That's what I've been seeing in other tech forums recently and I've been trying to avoid it.

I'm pretty much a layman when it comes to this sort of stuff; if you wanna take the time to enlighten me, I'd appreciate it.
I have a moto e that I paid like 60 bucks for and other than it not having a flash and the cameras sucking balls it is a decent piece of hardware. I have rooted it and replaced the stock moto firmware with cyanogenmod. The only reason I would pay more for a phone is if the camera was better because I already know I can get an OS smooth as butter for $60 and SD cards means unlimited memory.