FOOD MEGA THREAD

Barrabas

Girlvinyl
It's funny to me when people talk about how hard and scary it is to cook a turkey. You just put it in the oven and wait, and that is it. Make sure you rip the guts out of it's ass. Anything beyond that is {sometimes literal} gravy. You CAN do it to it with a turkey, but that is as you please.

If you are gonna do it to it, I definitely recommend covering the bird in at least two pounds of bacon. I like thin gravy and rather despise thick-shit, since I grew up with it, but you can do either with the wonderful business you will get off that pan.

He said two days after Thanksgiving.

Radha the Buttwhisperer

Sexually Delinquent, Permanently Sleepless
It's funny to me when people talk about how hard and scary it is to cook a turkey. You just put it in the oven and wait, and that is it. Make sure you rip the guts out of it's ass. Anything beyond that is {sometimes literal} gravy. You CAN do it to it with a turkey, but that is as you please.

If you are gonna do it to it, I definitely recommend covering the bird in at least two pounds of bacon. I like thin gravy and rather despise thick-shit, since I grew up with it, but you can do either with the wonderful business you will get off that pan.

He said two days after Thanksgiving.
I will admit I was super intimidated b4 I tried, and yes it was super easy.
I used an oven bag, I had bought one of those portal roaster ovens with a timer but the cheapass thing started smoking as soon as I turned it on so no go.

I will try the bacon thing next but then prolly leave off the oven bag, to make it crisp up, correct?

The gravy I made was ballin. Gonna try n make a soup with the carcass

Barrabas

Girlvinyl
I will admit I was super intimidated b4 I tried, and yes it was super easy.
I used an oven bag, I had bought one of those portal roaster ovens with a timer but the cheapass thing started smoking as soon as I turned it on so no go.

I will try the bacon thing next but then prolly leave off the oven bag, to make it crisp up, correct?

The gravy I made was ballin. Gonna try n make a soup with the carcass
to crisp and also make the skin taste kind of like bacon. You might also use basic spices. Stuffing inside the turkey is a whole different thing, and has alot more room to improvise. You can put basically anything inside a turkey while it cooks, and people do.
trduck.jpg

Radha the Buttwhisperer

Sexually Delinquent, Permanently Sleepless
to crisp and also make the skin taste kind of like bacon. You might also use basic spices. Stuffing inside the turkey is a whole different thing, and has alot more room to improvise. You can put basically anything inside a turkey while it cooks, and people do.
View attachment 86255
So I was told not to do stuffing inside the turkey cuz of food poisoning issues. I did stuff it with fresh sprigs of rosemary, onion, carrots celery, garlic n bay leaf. I put parsley, salt, and pepper on the outside of the bird after brushing with lil Olive oil.