Data recovery.

Schnookums

weasel
I called a few recovery companies and they are ridiculously expensive and warn not to open without a clean room, which is their sales pitch.
yup! and since that day, i always kept a backup.

Lurk

EDF Elite
no idea where kurisu works, but personally i'd advise against beating your hard drive. those headers hang just a hairline above the disks and smacking it around could scratch it (say goodbye to that data forever). if you manage to get those nude pics back, keep a second backup on a different media (ie: cloud, dvdr, etc). just my two cents

j15m

no idea where kurisu works, but personally i'd advise against beating your hard drive. those headers hang just a hairline above the disks and smacking it around could scratch it (say goodbye to that data forever). if you manage to get those nude pics back, keep a second backup on a different media (ie: cloud, dvdr, etc). just my two cents
I backed them up off a crashing computer a year ago, put them in a fireproof strong box with my passports, guns and birth certs.. etc.
Have only plugged it in once since saving them... Fuck Western Digital

Lurk

EDF Elite
I backed them up off a crashing computer a year ago, put them in a fireproof strong box with my passports, guns and birth certs.. etc.
pity you scrapped the laptop already, might've been able to rip the HD out of that and plug it into an adapter. i think in this case, you're backed into a corner and you'll have to go with one of those services. wish i knew more that i could help with

j15m

pity you scrapped the laptop already, might've been able to rip the HD out of that and plug it into an adapter. i think in this case, you're backed into a corner and you'll have to go with one of those services. wish i knew more that i could help with
Yeah man, def one of those learning lessons.

Likeicare

EDF is my hugbox
Website
lolthisismyhome.com
You keep your guns locked away completely? What happens when someone breaks into your home and threatens your kids lives while you're struggling to get it unlocked

Choni

Anchor Baby Jihadist
You keep your guns locked away completely? What happens when someone breaks into your home and threatens your kids lives while you're struggling to get it unlocked
It is deterrent

For topic, people still a not solid state HD?

j15m

Some of them, I keep 2 hidden in very convenient spots... plus there is no crime in my area.

CallMeMaggot

Girlvinyl
get a very strong magnet, data is magnetic, and holding the magnet against the HDD will enable you to suck the data out. Then get a brand new HDD and put the magnet in reverse position!!! holding the data against the new one and it should transfer over
Dude, u forgot a crucial bit

Have only plugged it in once since saving them...
Yeah, you don't pay attention to him in a year, and then, without foreplay, plug it dry without warning...understandable he's pissed off...