Could Apple as a company fail?

Call me Tim

Girlvinyl
Again, stay away from the stock market unless you have a company 401K. You don't understand margins, earnings projections, and would be dumbfounded by quarterly reports.
The 90's PC bust in a nutshell.

Apple nearly failed in the computer market because they thought they were the IBM of "artsy-fartsy" world. The simple fact there was a tiny market for that and was unstainable. IBM which was hugely overpriced, but built like a tank was STILL LESS expensive than a Mac.

Apple succeeds when making products targeted for individuals; PC is the machine for the masses. Plus, Apple trying to use IBM's successful business model -- Apple failed because they didn't' have the market recognition or share that IBM had. But like IBM, eventually Apple's hardware/software proprietary rights bullshit is what sunk them. (and Compaq)

This was all happening during the late 80's and early 90's. By the early nineties IBM was basically dead in the computer world and Compaq their bastard son soon followed under the disastrous leadership of Carly Fiorina. Who while as the CEO of Compaq, secured a position at HP as the CEO, had HP purchase Compaq to save her board and herself tons of cash, dissolved Compaq, and in the process nearly sank HP. HP is still hemorrhaging cash from that deal. Love her anti-drug stance tho.

Meanwhile Gateway, Midwest Micro and Dell were undermining IBM, Compaq and Apple's market share with their "buy what you need" sales model.

Now if that was tl;dr for you, which it most likely was, stay out of the fucking stock market.

DanteLittleton

Dramacrat
Personally I think all companies can fail at some point. They are on the wave right now but who knows after 10 years from now what will happen. Maybe Huawei will buy them till then.

Sock Dog

EDF Hero
Apple already is failing from a consumer trust standpoint. They keep making poor design decisions that hurt their brand and don't add value to their products. People will gradually wise up to the obscene profit margins Apple makes on style without substance.

E.g. the beats audio deal, no bluray drives, the lightning jack, mini port adapters for everything, and Applecare Technician Certification to have the privilege of opening your computer without voiding warranty.

Apple loves smelling its own asshole.

nazca

Autistic Edgelord
Apple already is failing from a consumer trust standpoint. They keep making poor design decisions that hurt their brand and don't add value to their products. People will gradually wise up to the obscene profit margins Apple makes on style without substance.
If what you say was true, people would have come to understand that years ago. I'm starting to think a large percentage of customers just like taking it up the ass, and as long as they stick around so will companies like Apple.

no apple makes all the stuff dont you see everyone around you using smartphones.... dummy... DUHH... apple is like the future

Call me Tim

Girlvinyl
Retard poses the question that Apple is failing due to it's stock price:
I think about it from time to time. Apple's failure almost happened a few times back in the 90's before it's potential was cemented ..But as Apple is now; probably the most successful company in history, is it still possible for Apple to realistically fail in this generation?

I saw this today

Gets schooled and massively butthurt. Perhaps you should spend more time working on your glutes. They seem to be very tender to be so easily hurt.
Then posts this
This thread's subject was never about the stock market. It was about the possibility if Apple could fail or not.
Quit while you're behind, son. It's only going to get worse.

uberfukken

Custom title
The next major tech giant to fall is Cisco. They've incapable of adapting to new markets and have been getting crushed for years.

TheBrickBalls

EDF Elite
Website
www.kittybeef.com
This was all happening during the late 80's and early 90's. By the early nineties IBM was basically dead in the computer world and Compaq their bastard son soon followed under the disastrous leadership of Carly Fiorina. Who while as the CEO of Compaq, secured a position at HP as the CEO, had HP purchase Compaq to save her board and herself tons of cash, dissolved Compaq, and in the process nearly sank HP. HP is still hemorrhaging cash from that deal. Love her anti-drug stance tho.
No.

Call me Tim

Girlvinyl
The next major tech giant to fall is Cisco. They've incapable of adapting to new markets and have been getting crushed for years.
Capellas is a board member.
Geez.
His resume is nothing but him presiding over companies which are bought out.

uberfukken

Custom title
Capellas is a board member.
Geez.
His resume is nothing but him presiding over companies which are bought out.
I could list dozens of problems but the bottom line is large companies aren't buying expensive network hardware anymore now that cloud computing is a thing, and Cisco is having a hard time adapting. They seem to change direction every year.

Likeicare

EDF is my hugbox
Website
lolthisismyhome.com
id like to make a point of saying that no matter what happens, Apple will never stop making money from the phone business

this is Nokias current website after they sold their smartphone business to MS and they are STILL making money from these things

nokia phones 2016.png

though they are supposedly bringing smartphones back this year

DoxingtonandCucklorde

Most autistic Kiwi refugee
Apple as a whole may not fail but the group of consumers who want something actually worth upgrading to is only expanding, as there is no real reason to upgrade right now. Apple is not abiding by that simple principle. Removing the headphone jack and using cheap glossy coating over aluminum isn't an incentive to upgrade. In fact, there is practically no need to upgrade if you are a light user.

The next generation is already sounding more of the same. Nobody gives a shit forever.

I use a cheap as chips Android and could not be happier, I don't need to continuously upgrade through these sketchy programs AT&T had fucked people over with. Apple does not embrace incentive to upgrade and they are suffering for it.