Compilers

pumkinhead

Dramacrat
which is the best compiler one can pick? If possible for free... and please let it be not codeblocks.

lotic

Happiness Browser
which is the best compiler one can pick? If possible for free... and please let it be not codeblocks.
Code::Blocks is not a compiler; it's an IDE, which I'm assuming is what you meant. I'm also assuming you're on Windows.

If you want to create a Windows C++ application, use Visual Studio. Otherwise, if you want to make a C program or a cross-platform C++ program, download Cygwin and install the gcc package. Then just use a text editor to edit your code.

Schnookums

weasel
visual studio express for windows and its free. if you are new to programming i wouldn't start with c or c++

pumkinhead

Dramacrat
...is that really all it takes?
nope... I just know that guy and it seems a bit overrated (he told me this a few weeks ago) but the fact that it can do something that other compilers can't do raised this question...

lotic

Happiness Browser
I've read that it's the only compiler that allows you to use variables in a matrix in C++, and a linux user told me that it's the best compiler...
You can use variables in an array with any compiler. If you mean you want to create a variable length array (using a variable to declare the size of an array), then yes, g++ allows you to do this.

I think you should try learning a a simpler language. C++ is a mess and it sounds like you are getting confused already.

pumkinhead

Dramacrat
You can use variables in an array with any compiler. If you mean you want to create a variable length array (using a variable to declare the size of an array), then yes, g++ allows you to do this.

I think you should try learning a a simpler language. C++ is a mess and it sounds like you are getting confused already.
yes, I meant the size of an array.

Anthem

Ediot
Website
mrparker.pw
Best free one is SharpDevelop (one I've used before)

http://www.icsharpcode.net/OpenSource/SD/

It is a really good editor, and it is open-source!

This was before Visual Studio code or Visual Studio Community Edition. It is a viable alternative if you plan on creating programs for money (which breaches Visual Studio Community Edition's ToS)

Ram Dass

sudo apt-get purge sex-life
Website
goatse.info

O.G. Lurkmoar

Dramacrat
as stated GCC is arguably the best bc it has GDB(a debugger) although if you're dead-set on doing C++ and just learning you'd probably be better off to start with Codeblocks until you get the hang of things...