C++ vs java vs Python vs X for beginners (and for work)

ilovejesus69

The n word is an act of violence
Seriously? People in IT are that fucking lazy? I also thought it was used only by hipsters too stupid to learn a real programming language. That's like devoting your life to becoming a professional racer and then trying to drive around the track in a Fisher-Price car.
These replies keep getting dumber. Python is an invaluable tool for Linux administrators.

Lurk

EDF Elite
These replies keep getting dumber. Python is an invaluable tool for Linux administrators.
ah linux, still have to dive into that whole area... :oops:

are you a sys admin? been thinking about going that direction

nazca

Autistic Edgelord
ah linux, still have to dive into that whole area... :oops:
If it wasn't for linux/UNIX I wouldn't stay around computers. I have nothing against windows or mac users but I'm always amused at the different views other people have regarding computers.
I love playing with computers, but make me use a windows pc and I have nothing to relate to.

Choni

Anchor Baby Jihadist
Yes. It's widely used.
For what? It is very user friendly, but from what I remember, it is pretty limited when it comes to object orientated programing (or whatever it is called).

Edit: your other replies kind of answered my question.

Last edited:

Cobalt

Girlvinyl
I quit because of my affair with the male boss really took a toll on my marriage. Not that I ever had sex with my transsexual wife, it is just that like cocks that are completely natural. Working also really messed with my schedule to play Diablo 2. I am almost in lvl 20 now. I wish I could figure out how to kill Andariel.

Reverend Lulzcraft

Dramacrat
cool, im sure you can't tell me why, other than its whats you've been told
I'm a Ruby fanboy.

There, I admit it.

:picard:

You are literally 12, aren't you?
Close enough. My EQ is around there, anyways.

From what I understand, a lot of shit isn't getting cracked now because all of the talented people in the scene were replaced by script kiddies who don't know how to reverse engineer software to any significant degree on their own without using the programs and notes of the oldfags. I remember back in the day when people like Dark_Alex would rape the fucking shit out of the PSP until there were rumors that Sony had the mafia coming after him, and nowadays the five or six people with that sort of knowledge are a bunch of lazy fgts in China who only do shit for jewgolds and/or when they feel like it.

Anybody, probably even me, could debug a program and change it so it jumps right from authentication to the actual program. That's easy. But with shit like Denuvo and all the advanced DRM shit that I don't even understand the basic concepts of on new consoles, we need people who actually know what they're doing, and there are less and less of those people because they're all learning fucking Python.

I can't read
Noted. I did already state that ASM isn't easy, and I'd never want to have to write a decent program in it. I also still think it's a good idea to know some about, especially if you're ROM hacking or any of the other aforementioned bullshit.

Uberto F

EDF Hero
From what I understand, a lot of shit isn't getting cracked now because all of the talented people in the scene were replaced by script kiddies who don't know how to reverse engineer software to any significant degree on their own without using the programs and notes of the oldfags. I remember back in the day when people like Dark_Alex would rape the fucking shit out of the PSP until there were rumors that Sony had the mafia coming after him, and nowadays the five or six people with that sort of knowledge are a bunch of lazy fgts in China who only do shit for jewgolds and/or when they feel like it.

Anybody, probably even me, could debug a program and change it so it jumps right from authentication to the actual program. That's easy. But with shit like Denuvo and all the advanced DRM shit that I don't even understand the basic concepts of on new consoles, we need people who actually know what they're doing, and there are less and less of those people because they're all learning fucking Python.

Noted. I did already state that ASM isn't easy, and I'd never want to have to write a decent program in it. I also still think it's a good idea to know some about, especially if you're ROM hacking or any of the other aforementioned bullshit.
This guy isn't asking about how to become a ROM hacker.

Schnookums

weasel
I'm considering to start working in the IT sector (as QA). I had some nice experience with C++, but I have no knowledge of the other languages. Would you guys give some advice/thoughts on the subject?
do something in C++, i don't know, write the next five nights at freddys/undertale. whatever it is you need to get practical experience. i wouldn't bother with java or python unless you got something specific in mind. if you really are looking for another language so with PHP/JavaScript (avoid jQuery) and do something cool to show others.