C++ vs java vs Python vs X for beginners (and for work)

pumkinhead

Dramacrat
from what ive read so far, there is no way you're going to be testing firewalls any time soon. pick a language, be it java or C or AJAX(web dev shit) and stick to just that one till you can do some solid work with it
I know, but currently I'm trying to see the final goal/task and the path to it.

Choni

Anchor Baby Jihadist
I get the feeling that you're speaking a different language.

I understand the individual words, but when I put them together, they hurt my brain.

how the fuck is QA'ing some chemical shit remotely related to QA'ing IT shit?
They are both quality assurance field.

Lurk

EDF Elite
There were some job offers that required both a chemical degree and a certificate in QA programming in IT. I thought it may help me get in a similar position in a year or two. + I thought since both are running tests (at least I was told QA runs tests) the responsibilities would be similar. (I know chemistry includes a bit of other stuff, and idk what QA does completely in IT but it's closer to philosophy than let's say a developer).
QA = Quality Assurance. means you're just a bug hunter and your job is to do repetitive tasks that are well below anyone with a programming degree

scumhook

Managing account details
Website
www.ungod.ly
QA = Quality Assurance. means you're just a bug hunter and your job is to do repetitive tasks that are well below anyone with a programming degree
Or do what Microsoft does - release bug-riddled software and get paying users to beta test it :D :D

Lurk

EDF Elite
I know, but currently I'm trying to see the final goal/task and the path to it.
these jobs you're looking at now aren't going to be available when you're ready for them. dont look at those, look at where you want to go and make your choices from that. pick a field you want, look up the requirements, and dig in

pumkinhead

Dramacrat
So it's an extremely sugar coated (I'm just confused because the courses for it are longer then the other courses)? Are there any other jobs except developer that are worth the degree?

Lurk

EDF Elite
So it's an extremely sugar coated (I'm just confused because the courses for it are longer then the other courses)? Are there any other jobs except developer that are worth the degree?
golden rule: if it sounds too good to be true, it is. look online for what other people are saying about the job you want to do and consider if you'd be willing to put up with that same shit

Reverend Lulzcraft

Dramacrat
Work in IT. You'll see a ton of it.
Seriously? People in IT are that fucking lazy? I also thought it was used only by hipsters too stupid to learn a real programming language. That's like devoting your life to becoming a professional racer and then trying to drive around the track in a Fisher-Price car.

CallMeMaggot

Girlvinyl
More people need to fucking learn assembly. The fact that nobody is learning it is killing game piracy and cracking.
:picard:

You are literally 12, aren't you?

Rly.

I never said it was objectively easier. I said I considered it easier.
Aren't you? For the love of God, tell me you are...that at least you have that excuse...

Btw...I learnt in my day a bit of (pseudo) Assembler, back in the late 80's...just for the very specific purpose of playing Core Wars (I did some quite original proto-virus, lol)

The thought of anybody programming directly in Assembler is ludicrous...stop spouting teeny nonsense, pls

Last edited:

Uberto F

EDF Hero
ASM is easy! Nobody uses Java. Python is crap. QA is more than just bug testing. C is much easier than Java.

EDF isn't really the go to place for programming advice unless you have a really strong filter.