Bash on windows 10

pumkinhead

Dramacrat
I've tried using virtual box to create a linux environment but I got some error about my CPU or some bs(my computer is made from different "second" hand parts so nothing really behaves as it should). So I'm currently trying to use cygwin, but when I create a file in it I can't find it on my computer. Additionally it seems to be unable to become an environmental variable. Also nano doesn't work on it.
Any suggestions as to what I can use?

Likeicare

EDF is my hugbox
Website
lolthisismyhome.com
I've tried using virtual box to create a linux environment but I got some error about my CPU or some bs(my computer is made from different "second" hand parts so nothing really behaves as it should). So I'm currently trying to use cygwin, but when I create a file in it I can't find it on my computer. Additionally it seems to be unable to become an environmental variable. Also nano doesn't work on it.
Windows 7

uberfukken

Custom title
Go into your BIOS and turn on virtualization, and then use virtual box.

nazca

Autistic Edgelord
Just out of curiosity, what exactly are you trying to do ?

Maria M

EDF Elite
Windows 10 was made for Retards who need hand holding. Fuck it like a sock puppet. Ill download whatever I please

moogshroom

EDF Hero

Then install Windows 3.1 in DOSbox, without forgetting to mount the drive of your Windows 10 installation.

Malachi

EDF Elite
Dear god what is this abomination
MS trying to get more people to use their 'os' and totally not try to bone them over in any way possible in the future and maybe not sell their shit to the NSA nope nope nope.

Really, it's just good for people who have, say, an ubuntu/linux VM sitting around just for cross-plat compilation or some shit.

Black Hitler

Tyrantrum sock
Made my laptop go fucktard on me so I had to update the BIOS, which fixed the black screen issue. Also got so many fucking blue screens by changing the power settings.

Never had that dumb shit with Windows 7 so fix your shit Micro$oft. :picard:

The issue was that I had to put the laptop in hibernation mode and turn it back on again.

Bonus: the constant shilling they're doing for Microsoft Edge within the OS is annoying shit so that's why I had the damn browser removed altogether. #ChromeMasterRace

Last edited:

uberfukken

Custom title
Made my laptop go fucktard on me so I had to update the BIOS. Also got so many fucking blue screens by changing the power settings.

Never had that dumb shit with Windows 7 so fix your shit Micro$oft. :picard:
Sounds like a user problem.