Anyone good with the Stock Market?

Choni

Anchor Baby Jihadist
Invest half or more of your money in safe option (bonds, IRAs, etc...)

Use the rest to play around. Invest in things you like, as they are likely to be the things other people like as well. Don't worry about dips as long as thier is long term growth

Buy low, sell high

Ignore anything a broker has to say, as they are often payed to unload shit stock on unsuspecting people

It is not so complicated

Call me Tim

Girlvinyl
Invest half or more of your money in safe option (bonds, IRAs, etc...)

Use the rest to play around. Invest in things you like, as they are likely to be the things other people like as well. Don't worry about dips as long as thier is long term growth

Buy low, sell high

Ignore anything a broker has to say, as they are often payed to unload shit stock on unsuspecting people

It is not so complicated
You're forgetting one thing -- he has to have money to invest. Most people I encounter who ask this think they'll just dump a couple of thousand on hand into the stock or precious metals market and in a year or so they will be raking it in. The last gold boom was a prime example. They find out very quickly that thousand or so is needed for basic necessities and they are forced to cash out. Once they pay the broker fees they are always at a loss. Unless, they are privvy to some solid inside info, which is very unlikely.

It sounds like he's searching for the "golden penny dream stock" which he can buy bunches of at $0.05 a share and then turn around and sell it at $20/share in a year. That shit just doesn't happen.

Radha the Buttwhisperer

Sexually Delinquent, Permanently Sleepless
You're forgetting one thing -- he has to have money to invest. Most people I encounter who ask this think they'll just dump a couple of thousand on hand into the stock or precious metals market and in a year or so they will be raking it in. The last gold boom was a prime example. They find out very quickly that thousand or so is needed for basic necessities and they are forced to cash out. Once they pay the broker fees they are always at a loss. Unless, they are privvy to some solid inside info, which is very unlikely.

It sounds like he's searching for the "golden penny dream stock" which he can buy bunches of at $0.05 a share and then turn around and sell it at $20/share in a year. That shit just doesn't happen.
I don't think anyone with actual money would come here looking for financial advice anyway.

It would be like going to brothel and asking a whore for relationship advice.

Call me Tim

Girlvinyl
I don't think anyone with actual money would come here looking for financial advice anyway.

It would be like going to brothel and asking a whore for relationship advice.
He's just searching for things to say at the next party he's "invited" to so he won't look/sound like a hulking retard.

oddguy

The Prime Memeister
Website
www.youtube.com
here's my advice to you
you aren't going to beat the market
unless you are willing to invest a lot of time learning and experimenting you won't get much more than average returns, and even if you do you probably still won't.
just invest what you have to spare in the S&P500 and forget about that money for a few years. and if the market crashes, don't panic, don't pull out, wait for things to settle down and buy even more shares, then add a few more years to your waiting scheduled

Fatal_Exception_0E

Hyper Light Drifter
here's my advice to you
you aren't going to beat the market
unless you are willing to invest a lot of time learning and experimenting you won't get much more than average returns, and even if you do you probably still won't.
just invest what you have to spare in the S&P500 and forget about that money for a few years. and if the market crashes, don't panic, don't pull out, wait for things to settle down and buy even more shares, then add a few more years to your waiting scheduled
Thanks, what's your opinion on shorting stocks?

Pretty sure hes just attempting to look intelligent by bringing it up, because i said i had experience and he left it
Don't flatter yourself, bogan. I'm not going to waste my time replying to a joke response.